Summer reading may get all the hype, but winter reading has its advantages. In fact, we would even go as far as to argue that winter is the best season for reading. Here’s why.
1. Staying home to read is a perfectly valid excuse when it’s snowing.
Shorter days + cold weather = “Sorry, I can’t make it tonight.”
2. Curling up by the fire with a book and a big glass of red wine.
3. Or swapping out the wine for hot cocoa.
4. Burrowing down in comfy reading nooks with piles of fuzzy blankets.
5. Wasting away the entire day in a reading nook with beautiful snowy views.
6. OK, basically all reading nooks are better in the winter.
7. Opening your literary Advent calendar each morning.
A book a day for 25 days is SO much better than chocolate.
8. Getting swept away by magical holiday novels.
“God bless us, every one!”
Check out our list of even more great holiday reads here.
9. Revisiting your favorite holiday stories from childhood.
Use the season as an excuse to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas! over and over and over again to your nieces and nephews.
10. Melting away all that holiday stress with a great book.
11. Incorporating books into your holiday decor has never been easier.
For more inspiration on using books as holiday decorations, click here.
12. The treats at your book club get very creative and very delicious.
There are a lot of creative things you can do with sugar cookies.
13. Giving everyone on your holiday shopping list a book.
Literature is the gift that keeps on giving!
14. And finally, receiving new books as gifts.
Because everyone knows books are the only gift you won’t return.
Happy winter reading!
What do you like best about reading in the winter?
Check out BookBub’s latest free and discounted ebooks here.