So you’re wondering how to further profess your undying, constant love for Jane Austen. But you already own at least one copy of each of her books, DVD versions of the television/movie adaptations, and a plethora of Austen-themed home décor and attire. We have the solution: Express your love with some Jane Austen ink. And no, we don’t mean the kind of ink you find on pages.
Austen’s novels are filled with an endless supply of imagery, symbolism, and quotes that would translate well into a tattoo. If you need some inspiration, check out these classy Jane Austen tattoo ideas below.
1. A classic Jane Austen silhouette — a nod to the literary queen herself.
2. Mr. Darcy — because… MR. DARCY.
3. A nod to the dream home of every Janeite.
4. The first line of Pride and Prejudice, where it all begins…
5. A kind reminder from Northanger Abbey.
6. Darcy’s declaration to Elizabeth: “I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
7. A line from Persuasion that will set your heart aflutter.
8. THE line from Pride and Prejudice.
9. Permission to get a little crazy, courtesy of Mansfield Park.
10. An epic nod to Pride and Prejudice as a whole.
11. Keeping it simple with a single word.
12. A list of favorite words, including the choice of “insufferable” in reference to Emma.
13. If you’d rather not commit to one book, gather some short phrases from a few of your favorites.
14. Finally, if you’re not quite ready for a permanent tattoo, grab a set of these temporary Austen tattoos.
Do you have any Jane Austen tattoo suggestions? Share in the comments below!