As the weather outside gets colder, we start to think of activities we can do inside rather than outside. If your list of activities looks like ours — find out about new books, acquire new books, read new books, curl up with old favorites, and finally read that book that’s been on your “to read” list for years — then you’re going to need a cozy and inviting place to do all that from.
Introducing: the reading nook, aka the most wonderful home improvement ever invented. If you’ve been itching to take on a DIY project this fall, adding a cozy reading nook to your home might be just the ticket. Here are 14 charming and cozy reading nooks you can draw on for inspiration.
1. Aren’t the vibrant colors in this reading nook so uplifting?
2. Nothing like a hanging basket to inspire long afternoons reading.
3. Don’t you just want to curl up in this adorable nook? Twinkle lights and teddy bears are basically the definition of “cozy.”
4. Lacking twinkle lights, candles are great for setting the mood for a magical book.
5. How cute and colorful is this reading nook?
6. This beautiful attic reading nook is perfect for those who love bringing the outdoors in.
7. Look at all that beautiful natural light!
8. This little nook is perfect for curling up with a book about far-away places and times.
9. Have you seen anything more elegant than this bathtub reading nook? We haven’t.
10. If you’re not claustrophobic, this repurposed fireplace is the perfect nook to read childhood favorites in.
11. This charming, lofty nook is perfect for kids and adults alike.
12. A cozy reading nook in a rustic attic library? Count us in!
13. If you’re more into a sophisticated vibe, you’ll love this tastefully colorful reading nook.
14. At the end of the day, what more can a reader ask for than a comfortable chair, a book, and a room with a view?
Do you have a reading nook in your home? Share in the comments!
Want access to free & bargain ebooks? Sign up for BookBub here.