Stephen King fans have yet another adaptation to get excited about! Casting has been set for King’s 2014 detective novel, Mr. Mercedes. According to Deadline, Brendan Gleeson, who played “Mad-Eye” Moody in the Harry Potter adaptations, will star as retired detective Bill Hodges.
Harry Treadaway is cast as killer Brady Hartsfield.
Jack Bender, who has directed episodes of Game of Thrones and Lost, is set to direct, and supporting cast members include:
- Kelly Lynch as Deborah Hartsfield
- Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson
- Scott Lawrence as Detective Peter Dixon
- Robert Stanton as Anthony “Robi” Frobisher
- Ann Cusack as Olivia Trelawney
- Mary-Louise Parker as Janey Patterson
- Holland Taylor as Ida Silver
- Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney
- Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter
“It’s an extraordinary cast that’s come together,” said writer David E. Kelley. “To be able to work with an ensemble of such high-caliber actors, led by Brendan Gleeson… This is such a privilege.”
King himself has also shared news of the adaptation on his social media pages.
The 10-episode series is currently under production in Charleston, SC, and is scheduled to premiere this fall on the AT&T Audience Network.
What do you think of the Mr. Mercedes cast? Tell us in the comments!
Want access to free & bargain ebooks? Sign up for BookBub here.