An end to the Droughtlander is in sight, and boy are we getting antsy for Outlander season three. The upcoming season, set to air September 10, will adapt Gabaldon’s third novel, Voyager. In the meantime, the show has released plenty of photos to keep fans satiated, and we’re happy to report that the new material looks to be worth the wait. The images reveal pivotal scenes from the upcoming story, including Claire’s return to the 1960s, Brianna’s childhood, the Battle of Culloden, and the much-anticipated print shop scene! Check out some of our favorite Outlander season 3 photos below.
1. Here’s our first glimpse at Jamie in the highly-anticipated print shop scene.
2. Claire and Frank’s marital struggles are front and center in this snapshot.
3. Did Claire, her daughter Brianna, and Brianna’s husband Roger find a clue about Jamie’s fate after the Battle of Culloden?
4. The newly released image from Entertainment Weekly shows a bearded, tattered Jamie. Heughan explains: “He’s not himself for maybe six episodes. He didn’t expect to live.”
5. Entertainment Weekly released an image of Claire, Frank, and Brianna in the 20th century, and they appear to be quite the happy family.
6. Fans also get their first glimpse of Lord John Grey, played by Australian actor David Berry.
7. The beginning of season 3 will follow Claire and Jamie’s separate lives, as Jamie remained in 18th-century Scotland after the Battle of Culloden.
8. And the second teaser photo shows Claire in the 1960s.
9. Balfe told Entertainment Weekly that the first few episodes would follow Claire and Jamie’s “parallel journeys.”
10. Fans will finally see how the Battle of Culloden plays out.
11. This eerie image appears to depict Claire walking through the aftermath of Culloden.
12. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Heughan described the battle scene as “intense” and “emotional.”
13. This final image shows Black Jack Randall, played by Tobias Menzies, in a brutal moment of battle.
What are you most excited to see in Outlander season 3? Share in the comments!
Want access to free & bargain ebooks? Sign up for BookBub here.