With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to start planning this year’s costumes. If you have kids, why not consider coordinating costumes for the whole family? After all, Halloween isn’t just for kids, and more and more adults are getting in on the candy-filled action. To help get your creative juices flowing, we’ve rounded up our favorite family halloween costume ideas inspired by books. Check out the full list below!
1. Head down the rabbit hole with an Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland-inspired ensemble for the family!
2. Calling all Potterheads! Make Halloween magical by donning wizarding robes with house colors.
3. Here’s another twist on Harry Potter. How cute is this baby Mandrake?
4. We love this How to Train Your Dragon trio. We can’t stop smiling along with Toothless!
5. This Eric Carle-inspired caterpillar and butterfly pair won’t be hungry after trick-or-treating with these darling costumes.
6. If you have a big family, The Wizard of Oz offers plenty of characters with which to get creative!
7. Your family will stand out in a crowd with some wacky Dr. Seuss costuming!
8. A Little Red Riding Hood theme makes for a relatively easy — yet adorable — family costume.
9. For those of us who have never grown up, a Peter Pan theme will make this Halloween picture perfect!
10. Fans of A Game of Thrones can show their house pride with this ensemble — complete with adorable dragons.
11. Channel childhood favorite Madeline with this costume that is perfect for a group with multiple little ones.
12. Make this Halloween a wild one with Where the Wild Things Are outfits. Plus, this ensemble gets bonus points for being extra warm.
13. If you have a little monkey at home, Curious George can make for some very on-the-nose costuming!
14. For something simple, take a page from a classic children’s book like Harold and the Purple Crayon.
15. Older children will love this Diary of a Wimpy Kid-inspired look!
16. Finally, pay homage to a sweet Roald Dahl classic with a Wonka-themed group costume!
Which of these family halloween costume ensembles is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!