October 31st is fast approaching, book lovers! If you’re searching for inspiration for yourself or your family Halloween costumes, look no further than the books that inspired you as a kid and step into the roles of your favorite childhood book characters. From Anne Shirley to Amelia Bedelia, here are some creative ways to return to a simpler time of life and proclaim your status as a lifelong bookworm.
1. Honor everyone’s favorite redhead with this Anne of Green Gables costume.
2. Did you love Madeline? You can pretend you live in an old house in Paris covered in vines.
3. Your group of friends can go down the rabbit hole as characters from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
4. Little House on the Prairie fans everywhere can unite over this simple but beautiful costume.
5. These costumes inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are simply scrumdiddlyumptious!
6. Dressed as characters from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, you’ll fly, my pretties.
7. You can channel your inner Toad or Badger if you loved The Wind in the Willows.
8. Was Nancy Drew your hero? Show up to your Halloween parties as the girl detective!
9. Dressing up as the Berenstain Bears could be a perfect idea for your family this Halloween.
10. Be prepared to wreak havoc — and have a great time — as Amelia from the Amelia Bedelia books.
11. This is a terrific, radiant, humble costume inspired by Charlotte’s Web!
12. Relive the magic of Neverland with Peter Pan–inspired costumes.
13. Dress up as your favorite character from the Harry Potter series… or grab your entire squad and have fun as a group!
Which costume is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!