December 28 marks Maggie Smith’s 82nd birthday, and we’re celebrating the sassiest on-screen witch with a collection of hilarious Professor Minerva McGonagall memes only true fans of Harry Potter will appreciate. With her on-point looks of disapproval and her unrelenting strength (did you know Maggie Smith battled breast cancer while filming the last three Harry Potter movies?), we can’t imagine a better actress to portray Minerva McGonagall than Dame Maggie Smith. Like a true Gryffindor, she’s tough, she’s sassy, and she can turn into a cat! Check out some of our favorite Professor McGonagall memes below.
1. You can’t call yourself a true McGonagall fan if you haven’t done this at least once.
2. Never forget the awesomeness of Professor McGonagall’s Patronus.
3. Or this brilliant explanation for McGonagall’s passion for Quidditch.
4. Minerva McGonagall doesn’t care about silly rules.
5. Her face says it all.
6. McGonagall perfectly captures our feelings when someone bothers us while reading.
7. Let’s face it, Minerva McGonagall could put anyone in their place (even Gandalf the Grey).
8. No one (and we mean no one) can be spared from McGonagall’s harsh words.
8. Minerva McGonagall never fails to fight the forces of evil with sass.
10. She also fights the forces of stupidity.
11. The sass is strong in this one.
12. McGonagall takes care of her students.
13. Even if she has to put up with the likes of Umbridge.
14. But it doesn’t mean she has to like it.
15. This is definitely our favorite plot twist of the series.
16. You do not want to mess with Professor McGonagall.
17. She is one tough cookie.
18. Professor McGonagall vs. Death.
19. Everyone has their limits, after all…
20. But we have yet to discover Professor McGonagall’s limits!
21. We can’t imagine a more inspiring mantra to live by.
Which of these Professor McGonagall memes made you laugh? Tell us in the comments!